Hattha Kaksekar Limited targets group and individual family in both rural and urban areas. It renders the financial services including savings, loans, and money transfer to individual who meets its requirements as following:
1. Is a legal citizen
2. Has experience and capacity in their occupation
3. Has a good reputation for being responsible, loyal, and law-abiding
4. Is engaged in a lawful occupation
5. Has a permanent residency inside the operating area
6. Possesses a certificate of identity as well as certificate of ownership of property
Most of HKL's borrowers are between 31-45 years old. This is the age at which most people are usually capable enough to run their business, have work experience, and have financial capacity and energy.
The majority of loans are provided for micro and small businesses (trade, commerce, manufacturing, service) and farmers. However, most Cambodian farmers do not rely only on farming to earn income but also seasonal agriculture such as fishing, vegetable farming and animal raising.